Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Some Semi-Recent Side Projects

Well, the new semester has begun, and sadly I'm not taking any art or animation classes this time around. It is indeed very depressing. So, in order to make up for the lack of artistic assignments, I've been working on some "for fun" projects. A few weeks ago I finished a storyboard animatic that I'd been working on for a while, based on characters from the amazingly awesome tv series "The Slayers". It's been up on my YouTube page for a while, and it's about 6 minutes long... 0_0'. Yeah. Here's the video: Since that one's done though, I've started on another video using the song "Mr. Blue" by Catherine Feeny. It just happened to play on one of my Pandora stations about a week ago, and after I heard it, I couldn't get the idea for a video out of my head! This video features the same Slayers characters as my other one did (because I adore them and they're a lot of fun to draw), and it was mostly done in order to satisfy my curiosity about what really happened at the end of the last series of the show. The final ending was very... ambiguous. And when things are ambiguous, I for some reason have the urge to fill in the blanks. It's still not finished, mind you, (as it states in the video...) but I wanted to put up the section that I had done so far, since I'm not sure when I'll actually finish it. And I know it might be hard to understand, but hopefully it's clear enough that you can basically follow the plot. The song helps too. ;) Here's that video:

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! And cute song, too! I know I always say this, but you are amazingly talented! Glad to have ya as my sis! :D

    ReplyDelete